Job Purpose: The Laborer I supports operations by preparing and cleaning worksite, performing steps in the work process and providing some detailed maintenance.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as charts, procedure manuals and job instructions with basic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to accurately read and record measurements using calipers, micrometers, and other measuring tools, as well as read a tape measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to use hand tools, such as wrenches and screwdrivers
- Ability to use power tools, such as grinders and drill.
- Ability to operate a computer to punch in and out of jobs.
- Ability to use department equipment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.