Land Surveyor wanted for a fast paced, high growth company!
Experience with the use of Topcon equipment a strong preference.
Job Purpose: Land surveyors use specialized equipment to measure and mark property boundaries, calculating the dimensions, elevations, shapes, and contours of sites for public, government, and private development. Land surveyors can work in several projects ranging from construction and engineering to mapmaking and government contracts.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Measures distances and angles on properties to support a variety of activities and establish legal property boundaries. The use of specialized equipment that ranges from distance measuring wheels to advanced GPS and GIS devices to gather accurate data regarding a property’s boundaries, easements, and contours.
- Perform mathematical calculations to determine slopes and measurements of properties and segments of land. This aspect of the role requires exact calculations to ensure that results are free of errors, since they are used in development projects and are critical in the decision making and design process. Land surveyors primarily rely on geometric calculations while determining both property sizes and elevations.
- Delineate boundaries and reference points.
- Develop land survey reports and guidelines.
- Conduct historical and legal property research.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Secures tools, materials, and equipment at end of day.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Applicants must be 18 years or older. We have an amazing benefits package! Benefits include Competitive Wages, Paid Health/Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, Paid Life Insurance, Retirement Plan with an Employer Match, a wide range of supplemental benefits you can pick and choose from to customize your coverage, Uniforms (we even clean them for you) and Paid Time Off. Pre-Employment Drug Testing is required. For questions, please contact the the Human Resources Department at (785)621-4075. To apply, you may fill out an application below,or stop by our office located at 2670 E. 9th Street, Hays, KS 67601 or visit your local Workforce Center. EOE.