The Civil Engineer is responsible for performing analysis related to work measurement, cost estimation, materials planning, and making recommendations based on that analysis to the appropriate members of management. Additionally, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for project planning, goal setting, tracking, issue resolution and implementation for a wide variety of projects related to various areas of the business. You will conceive, design, build, supervise, operate, construct, and maintain infrastructure projects to include roads, tunnels, and systems for water supply and sewage treatment. Work with management to prioritize these items and select projects to continue to drive cost efficiencies, and quality improvement.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. B.S. in Civil Engineering, or a comparable degree, from an ABET accredited program, or 4 years of experience in a similar position is preferred.
2. Ability to work with local and state agencies to ensure our work follows applicable federal, state, and local requirements.
3. Must be able to directly supervise employees in a field environment and do so in a manner that ensures our operators and laborers meet project requirements. Ability to train and guide personnel a must.
4. This is a high pressure, high level of performance expectation workplace setting. If you do not think you could keep up, do not apply.
5. Proficient with Made2Manage ERP System
6. Highly skilled in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Access) and Visio strongly preferred.
We have an amazing benefits package! Benefits include Competitive Wages, Paid Health/Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, Paid Life Insurance, Retirement Plan with an Employer Match, a wide range of supplemental benefits you can pick and choose from to customize your coverage, Uniforms (We even clean them for you.) and Paid Time Off. Pre-Employment Drug Testing is required. For questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at (785)621-4075. To apply, you may fill out an application below, or stop by our office located at 2670 E. 9th Street, Hays, KS, 67601, or visit your local Workforce Center. EOE.